Friday, April 23, 2010

Hops Poll

Hey thanks for chiming in on my now closed hops poll. I think the Hopopotamus®
will begin life with a four different hops (because a Hopopotamus®
should really full of both lots of hops and lots of varieties). So I am going to go with Crystal as a base, and Amarillo, Cascade and a touch of Simcoe hops for flavor and aroma.  Crazy, I know, but the people are going to expect something crazy good when they hear the name Hopopotamus®. And what the people want, I deliver.

The wisdom of the crowd - well really just a gaggle - suggested Willamette, but Simcoe is just too alluring...

I'll let you know how it turns out.

2 comments:

joe said...

Roots had/has a fresh hop beer called that, not sure the circle R is appropriate...

Patrick Emerson said...

Er...the circle R is a joke.

Roots had a fresh hop ale named Hoppopotamus, don't know if it is a repeating name or not, but I choose the more parsimonious use of Ps.

I actually didn't know about Roots originally, I stole the name from Flight of the Conchords' Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenocerous.